Monday, March 5, 2012

WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING?!

So this is my first blog though I have started my internship three weeks ago. So, here is what has happened so far!

The first week was short for the kids because the schedule was from Tuesday-Thursday. The first day was really fun, I had gotten my "binder" done with WP by adding in a large old warn out book that has everything to do with stage managing. Another thing that had happened was getting the script and all the names of the children. I was shocked to find that there were about 45 kids in this cast all together. I know more than half of these kids.
So later in the same day, I had learned all the rules and regulations of being a stage hand.

On the second day I got to work with three of the kids on their lines and help them memorize their longer lines. It was a lot of fun helping these kids because they are so fast to learn the lines and do this play.

On the third day it was a really good final day for that week. I had talked to Ford about going to their house to get the set stuff that I needed. I had started to help people with their lines more and more and started to really feel the pressure of stage managing. It is almost crunch time!!!

That weekend I had gone to WP and Ford's house to get the items I needed to "create" by the time the big week starts. (the big week is Dress Rehersal)

No comments:

Post a Comment